Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose Carr Publishing?
Carr Publishing yearbooks have many extras that other yearbook publishers leave out! Please give us a call to learn the details (801) 295-2322.
What are your hours of operation?
Service hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mountain Time. You may reach customer service at (801) 295-2322.
Where is your company located?
Bountiful, Utah, but we serve customers nationwide on a daily basis. We can ground ship to most locations in the US within 3 days.
What are the Standard Features of a Carr Publishing yearbook?
1. 8-1/8 x 10-1/2 page size, saddle stitch staple binding, white matte finish coated paper, and flexible, white cover stock.
2. Stock cover designs or custom cover with a photo or illustration printed/imprinted in one ink color.
3. A minimum of 16 to a maximum of 96 pages per book. If the number of pages does not equal even page configurations, autograph pages will be added.
4. Books can be submitted on Carr Publishing's PLIC Books online software. We also accept files from InDesign, Quark, or PDF file formats.
Are there any optional extra’s that require additional charges?
1. Full Color Custom Covers.
2. Hardbound, Coil bound or Perfect bound Covers.
3. Printing on Inside of Covers
4. Personalized Covers
How do I make a reservation for our school?
1. All orders require a reservation for production scheduling.
2. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis.
3. Reservations may be made by emailing email@example.com and requesting a digital Reservation Form to be filled out and emailed back in.
4. If an order is received without a reserved production schedule, a surcharge of 10% of the base price will be added and the order will be scheduled in the first available production slot.
What is your standard production schedule?
1. Production time is scheduled based on advanced reservations.
2. Production begins when all components of the order have been received and confirmed. (completed body and cover file, purchase order and full payment)
4 weeks – B&W and Color softbound books
6 weeks – B&W and Color hardbound, perfect bound or plastic coil bound.
3. Shipping time is NOT included in the above examples and will vary based on the distance from Carr Publishing Company.
What is your standard method of shipping?
1. Standard shipping via UPS Ground is FREE within the continental United States. Packages traveling to HI will be shipped FedEx.
2. Normal shipping time is 4 – 8 working days, depending on the distance from Bountiful, UT.
3. If rush shipping is required additional charges will be added to the order.
4. Special shipping requirements will be worked out on an individual basis.
If I need my books earlier than the regular promised production date are their additional charges?
1. Whenever possible, time should be allowed for the normal production schedule, plus up to eight working days for shipping.
2. If normal production time is not adequate, Rush Charges will be applied as follows:
Production Time Shortened 1-7 Days 15% of Base Price
Production Time Shortened 8-14 Days 30% of Base Price
Production Time Shortened 15-21 Days 50% of Base Price
3. With the reduction of production scheduling time, these terms are non-negotiable.
4. No Production schedule may be shortened by more than 21 days.
Does Carr Publishing Company offer PLIC Books software training?
Yes – we have several different methods of software training that you can utilize.
1. One of our customer service staff can link into your computer and hold the demonstration over the internet.
2. We can set up a webinar time for group instruction.
3. You can visit our website to view our tutorial video and/or download the Users Guide.
Who do I talk to about pricing?
Our representatives are more than happy to discuss price with you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an Account Representative will get you a quote within 24 hours or call 801-295-2322.
What are my deadlines?
The Reservation Agreement represents a commitment to produce your yearbook. Carr Publishing Co commits to produce your yearbook on time as long as all files, photos, purchase orders and payment are received on or before the date you request.
What format should our candid photos be in?
All image files should be JPG. If you can control your image size try to set them to 300 pixels/inch and make them 4.5×6 inches, 2241×3000 pixels.
I really want to create the book with a specific theme do you have any artwork or designs that are theme based?
We do have a number of themes built into the backgrounds and clipart of the software. We do not do custom theme design but, you will have the ability to customize your pages in the program.
How do I submit an image to you?
If you are having trouble uploading images, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
How do I choose my cover?
Within the PLICBooks software we provide a number of pre-made designs for you to choose from. Simply add your school name and year and you are ready to go. Or you can choose to design your own cover with in the software using the provided backgrounds, fonts and graphic elements. You can also design your own cover in whichever software you feel comfortable with. It needs to be a JPG, the size should be 8.25 x 10.75 and the resolution should be 300 pixels/inch.
Can I make elements in Photoshop and place them in the book?
Backgrounds and graphic elements can be created in alternate software like Photoshop and brought into the software. Make sure you are saving these images as JPG, the size should be 8.25 x 10.75 and the resolution should be 300 pixels/inch.
What happens after I submit my book?
After you submit your yearbook we will begin the proofing and printing process. We provide you with a low resolution .PDF copy of your book for review before we go to press. This guarantees a better quality product with fewer errors.
How long will it take to receive my proof?
Once the book is submitted it takes about 7-10 business days until we send you a digital proof file to your email.
Are we able to correct the book/cover before it goes to print?
Yes - We provide you with a low resolution .PDF copy of your cover for review before we go to press.
Once my proof is approved how long should I expect until my books are shipped out?
Once the proof is approved it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for softbound books to be shipped and 4 weeks for hardbound books.
Who do I talk to if I need to change my copy count? Who do I talk to if I need to change my page count?
You should discuss copy and page changes with your Account Representative. The price of each book will change when you adjust pages and copies.
Call 801-295-2322 and ask for the yearbook department or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are their other circumstances that may affect my production schedule?
Any customer alteration to the order after submission may result in both production scheduling adjustments and financial charges. If questions arise, timely responses are a must or production schedules may require additional changes also.
When will we be receiving our books?
Softbound books will be delivered within 6 weeks of submission, hardbound within 8 weeks of submission.
Can the school order more books?
Yes, the school can place an order for more yearbooks. We require a minimum of 25 books to an order and there will be additional shipping and re-printing fees added to the price of the books.
Where do I go to get more information about Carr Publishing Yearbooks?
Call 801-295-2322 and ask for the yearbook department or email email@example.com, include your school name, contact information and times you are available and we will give you a call right back.
How do I place an order for a yearbook?
Please contact Yvonne as soon as possible to get started 801-295-2322